|To be honest, sometimes I’ve wondered why we should continue. I haven’t measured the traditional metrics like the number of downloads, cost of production or email list growth. In fact, I haven’t focused on metrics at all. But about the time I think our season of Go Outside has come to an end, I receive an encouraging email or run into someone who shares how the most recent episode impacted them…
- A friend from college who listened to many episodes and felt like reaching out so we could catch up.
- A real estate investor who decided that investing in property could have a missional focus – not just create a profit.
- A non-profit leader who binge listened to the Coffee Table Sessions and took a big leap of faith in the community.
- A business executive who got clarity when he surrendered his “big idea” to God and recommitted to following Christ.
So the team at Go Outside has been motivated to update our podcast experience page. All 54 episodes are easy to find and share here. Go binge at least 12 of them and let us know what ya think!
It’s encouraging to hear that people are still being moved by the vision of joining Jesus outside the gates. Why should I be surprised? Go Outside is not mine and it definitely wasn’t my idea.
Lord…our gifts, our talents, all our possibilities belong to us only because they come direct from you. – Colin Semper
But what about you; what has He given you?
No more Black and White.
Operating as a follower of Christ in different settings isn’t so black and white anymore. The line between what is sacred and what is everyday is nonexistent. Whether you are in corporate America, the arts, non-profit work or your neighborhood, our culture is open to the exploration of ideas more than ever, which presents a gaping opportunity for Outsiders. But do we feel ready to lead in settings where it’s not as clean cut as we like to make it sound on Sunday mornings?
In our next series, called Operating in the Gray, I’m bringing on several new guests who will share how they manage the tension of living out their faith in a world where absolutes have disappeared. In places where life gets a little messy.
- You’ll hear from someone who operates in the sex industry and has become genuine friends with club managers.
- You’ll hear from business leaders who created a safe space to learn from each other and think through tough issues they face every day.
- You’ll hear from leaders in the public sector, and how they manage to care for those under their authority in an environment where there really are no easy answers.
- You’ll hear from an artist who operates in an industry typically hostile to Christianity, and why he has decided to stay in it.
I can hardly wait to release this series!
Thanks again for your support over the past two years. Will you help me take this show up a notch? I’d like to know what you struggle with as you think about your faith and living out your God-given potential.
How have you managed those tensions? What’s worked for you? What hasn’t? Any stories you’d like to share?
Just reply to this email and let me know!
See you outside!