15 May How to Navigate Marketplace Ministry
Marketplace ministry is becoming more and more of a buzzword, and for good reason: it’s a holistic view of living life as a follower of Christ, regardless of our immediate context.
We’re quick to put ourselves in boxes related to our vocations, and when God calls us to do something unrelated to that, it can be disconcerting…even frustrating.
I remember when Hebrews 13 first jumped out at me: I just knew I needed to find someone to plant that church.
But after sharing the vision with other people, it quickly became evident that I was going to become a church planter:
- Even though I earned my living in the marketplace as a small business owner.
- Even though I had never been to seminary.
- Even though it meant leaving the church I grew up and was married in.
In all of that, I’ve been able to successfully navigate both worlds, and I’m going to share how you can too.
- 2:00 – The definition of marketplace ministry
- 4:58 – How to support one without sacrificing the other
- 7:22 – What to do if you’re stuck in a job
- 12:02 – Why looking for an open door can hold you back